Most people don't think twice about the safety of the products they use every day. But when a product is defective, it can cause serious injuries – and even death. If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, you may be entitled to compensation. At our law firm, our experienced product liability attorneys have represented many people who have been injured by defective products. Learn about the best California products liability attorneys by reading below. We have the knowledge and resources to take on the biggest companies and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Types of Product Liability Injury Cases
There are many different types of product liability cases, including cases involving:
- Defective design – when a product is designed in a way that makes it dangerous. When these parties fail to properly disclose potential hazards of their product or sell an inherently defective product, they are liable for any personal injuries that consumers sustain.
- Manufacturing defects – If a manufacturer has failed to properly ensure their product is safe, they need to be held accountable.
- Defective warnings or instructions – If a product comes with inadequate warnings or instructions, the company can be held liable if you are injured as a result. If you have ever read the label of any product you have purchased, you have probably seen a safety warning or instructions about how to properly use the product. These guidelines are there to help manufacturers and sellers avoid liability for any injuries caused by their product.
There are numerous products on the market, and with so many varied sorts of possible product liability claims, it's likely that you'll face one. At Napolin Accident Injury Lawyer (YouTube channel here), we have handled a variety of these claims and have the knowledge to help you. We handle product liability cases involving defective:
- Tools and machinery
- Medical equipment
- Children's toys
- Camping gear
- Household products
- Electric bicycles
- Durable medical equipment
You use a variety of items on a daily basis, from the iron in your laundry room to the forklift at your construction site. If any of these items are defective, it could cause serious injuries. If you were injured by a defective product, you may be able to file a product liability claim.
How Much Is My Product Liability Case Worth?
Product liability cases can be complex, and the amount of compensation you may be entitled to will depend on many factors. Some of the things that may be taken into consideration when determining the value of your case include: The severity of your injuries; The cost of your medical treatment; Lost wages if you are unable to work; and Pain and suffering.
The best California products liability attorneys will be able to evaluate your case and give you an estimate of the value of your claim. The damages in a product liability case will depend on the facts of the case and the severity of the injuries. But in general, you may be able to recover damages for:
- Medical expenses – This includes past and future medical bills, as well as any costs for rehabilitation or therapy.
- Lost wages – If you are unable to work because of your injuries, you may be able to recover the wages you have lost as well as any future lost earnings.
- Pain and suffering – You may be able to recover damages for the pain and suffering you have endured because of your injuries.
- Punitive damages – In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the company for their negligence.
- Emotional distress – You may be able to recover damages for the emotional trauma you have suffered because of your injuries.
- Permanent disability or disfigurement – If your injuries have caused you to suffer a permanent disability or disfigurement, you may be able to recover damages for this.
- Loss of Consortium – If your injuries have caused a loss of companionship or intimacy with your spouse, you may be able to recover damages for this.
- Wrongful death – If your loved one was killed because of a defective product, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim.
Seeking Compensation on your Behalf
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, contact us today to schedule a free consultation. We'll review your case and help you understand your legal options. We have the experience and resources to take on the biggest companies and get you the compensation you deserve. Don't wait – call us today.
Contingency Fee Billing Means No Money Up Front
When you've been injured by a defective product, the last thing you want to worry about is whether you can afford an attorney. That's why we work on a contingency fee basis – we don't get paid unless and until you do.
If you or someone you care about has been injured as a result of a defective product, you need legal assistance that is reliable. Napolin Accident Injury Lawyer product liability attorneys in Los Angeles are dedicated to helping you achieve a favorable resolution to your case.
We go above and beyond – conducting thorough research, meeting with potential witnesses, and bringing in relevant industry experts – to ensure that your case is as strong as possible. Our team will then aggressively negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get you the full and fair compensation you deserve. If a settlement is not possible, we are prepared to take your case to trial.
The best California products liability attorneys understand that this is a difficult time for you and will handle your case with the compassion and care it deserves. Schedule a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you. Call 866-NAPOLIN today.
- Who Is Exempt from Workers' Compensation in California? Understanding Your Rights - September 2, 2023
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists in California: Know Your Rights and Legal Options - September 2, 2023
- Understanding E-Bike Laws in California: Stay Informed, Stay Safe. - September 2, 2023