#pedestrianaccident #personalinjurylawyer #injurylawyer #napolinlaw #freeconsultation #contingencyfee #legalhelp #lawyerfortheinjured
Pedestrian Involved Motor Vehicle Accidents in California
Being struck by an automobile as a pedestrian is a frightening, life threatening incident, yet not uncommon. According to statistics compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 72,000 pedestrians were hurt in motor vehicle traffic accidents in 2012. The statistics continues to rise. Some are blaming big vehicles and smartphones for pedestrian deaths hitting a 28-year high.
Pedestrian Motor Vehicle Accidents
A pedestrian motor vehicle auto accident court cases outcome will depend upon the responsibility of care and attention owed by the respective parties. The motorists as well as individuals are required to follow the guidelines from the highway and use sensible care and attention. Oftentimes, it might appear clear who has been careless, however the law explanation of liability will require proving precise facts that give rise to a valid legal theory. A lawyer can definitely help you understand more about things. Call Napolin for a free consultation, or keep reading for legal theory information.
Motorist's Duty of Care
Normally, motorists have to exercise practical care under all driving conditions. Failure to do so is taken into consideration as negligence. A few of the most typical elements contributing to driver negligence are:
- Disobeying traffic indicators or signals
- Sidetracked driving
- Cannot yield the access to pedestrians at crosswalks
- Disregarding weather or traffic problems
- Driving drunk of medicines or alcohol
- Speeding through traffic
- Failing to signal while transferring lanes
Fault for Pedestrian Accidents
Fault - who's to blame for that accident is the initial thing any pedestrian must take into account whenever figuring out whether or not to submit legal action right after being hit by a motor vehicle.
- Did the motor vehicle operator run a traffic signal?
- The motor vehicle driver exceeding the speed limit?
- Was the driver intoxicated at all?
- Did the pedestrian wander out right into oncoming or regular traffic?
- Could either the motorist or individual pedestrian have prevented the accident?
Common Injuries from Pedestrian Accidents:
- Cracks to the thigh, tibia and also fibula, ribs, arms, hip as well as hips
- Lacerations, contusions, and also scrapes on the hands as well as face
- Torn or sprain ligaments
- Brain concussions, head injury swelling, hemorrhages, and hematomas
- Scalp lacerations, contusions, various other lacerations, and also abrasions
- Spine back injuries
Next Step? Hire a Pedestrian Personal Injury Lawyer...
If you or a family member is hurt by an automobile while on foot, you are probably considering hiring a pedestrian personal injury lawyer. If so, you need to gather as many details together before making a phone call to the attorneys office. Take a few minutes and search your immediate vicinity for paperwork to obtain important facts that you can relay to the law firm. It may be a good idea to make a phone call to a friend or family member to collect crucial information.
What To Do If You're an Injured Pedestrian
Like all other injury claims, pedestrian injury claims require very good and detailed evidence. If a vehicle strikes and harms or injures you, obtain the driver's name and also address information. You need the drivers insurance coverage information as well. If your injuries are too severe for you to obtain the info, ask police police officer, or medical response team or anyone who may help to obtain it for you. Contact the vehicle driver's insurance company, report the accident, and also file your claim. Contact your insurance policy company to report the accident, also.
The next action is showing the driver's activities were definitely negligent and also as a result caused the accident leading to your injuries. Without evidence, your claim will fail.
Right after a pedestrian accident, you need to begin asking these questions:
- Were there existing intervening forces, and if so, do they alleviate both or one of us from fault or negligence?
- Were the driver's actions the direct source of your injuries? Was the driver negligent?
- Did the motorist by fault drive right into you, or did you accidently walk into the driver's pathway?
- Are there witnesses in your case who saw exactly who was at fault?
In need of a professional pedestrian car accident lawyer, contact our law offices at 1-844-984-4878 and speak directly with Alexander D. Napolin today. Napolin Accident Injury Lawyer is one of the most dedicated personal injury law firms in the Southern California area. Don't hesitate to get the facts about your case and know the steps you can take by contacting the Napolin today.
Take the Next Step, Contact a California Injury Lawyer
If you have questions about a personal injury, work injury or auto accident injury, do not hesitate to take the next step to finding answers today.
A good way to find out more is through our free case consultation program. Call our office now at 1-844-984-4878 to see if we can help. All calls are confidential and completely free of charge. Call us, we are available to speak with you today.