What To Do When Involved In A Car Accident in Local Southern California
When a person is involved in a motor vehicle collision, some things minimize creating further problems. It is important to know what to do and how to conduct oneself in order not to make matters worse than they already are.
For those who have been in an auto accident, or have been in a vehicle accident with serious injury. Whether you may be at home or on vacation traveling, a car accident is not ever a thought or possibility that would happen to you, nevertheless it does happen, even to the very best drivers. If you've been in a collision, and someone else is to blame, you are going to need a personal injury car accident lawyer. When you have been hurt or injured in an auto accident, have an experienced injury lawyer review your personal injury claim at no cost to you. Whether it's before or following an accident on the Southern California freeways and highways, talking to an auto injury lawyer will be extremely useful to you.
What to do in case of a motor vehicle crash:
- If the accident is more than a minor fender-bender, there are injuries and/or serious damage to the vehicles, call 911.
- If you are hurt, do not try to move unless there is danger of fire or explosion. Wait in the vehicle for help to arrive.
- If you are not hurt and able to walk, use road flares and/or safety triangles to divert traffic around the accident.
- If it is safe to do so, give first aid to the other injured parties.
- Unless there is danger of fire or explosion, do not move anyone with injuries.
- Exchange driver’s license information, contact information, and insurance information with the other parties involved in the accident.
- Say as little as possible and do not fight with the other driver(s).
- NEVER say that you are sorry, which implies the idea of being at-fault. Let the lawyers handle the issue of who is at-fault.
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene. On the video, record by voice the day, date, and time. Also note any hazardous road conditions and if the accident occurred in a construction zone.
- Get names and contact information of any witnesses.
- When the police arrive, if they ask about the cause of the accident, say only this, “I was driving safely and normally and the other vehicle hit my vehicle.” Write down the names of all police at the scene of the accident. Be sure to follow up and get a copy of the full police report.
- Go to the hospital for a checkup even if you do not feel injured. Some injuries do not immediately present themselves and show up later.
- If your car in not drivable, have it towed to an auto repair shop.
Note if the law enforcement officer gives anyone else a citation.
- For any injuries, if you already have a personal injury attorney, call them before you talk to anyone about the accident. If you do not have a car accident lawyer, now is the time to get one.
- As soon as possible, after you talk to an attorney call your insurance company to report the accident.
- Get proper care for any injuries, save all the medical bills and information about treatment received. These will be useful for your personal injury attorney to build a case.
- Make no direct contact with the other driver(s) unless the accident is a minor one and settles easily by simply having the repairs made and the “at-fault” party pays for the repairs.
- Treat yourself to a visit to the spa or go to the gym for a nice sauna, to relieve the stress that naturally comes from having an auto accident.
What To Do When Involved In A Car Accident – Nobody wants to get into a motor vehicle crash. Knowing what to do and when to contact an auto accident injury lawyer is helpful to avoid additional problems.
Hire a Personal Injury Auto Accident Attorney in Southern California
Under California personal injury laws, auto accident victims may have the right to financial compensation to help pay for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages. Victims are encouraged to talk with an experienced and committed personal injury attorney at the Napolin Law Firm by telephone or online today to receive a free, no obligation consultation. Southern California residents that have been injured in an automobile or pedestrian accident as a result of a third party's negligence should talk with a personal injury attorney when possible. With the aid of skilled legal counsel, Southern California residents can rest easy knowing that their rights will be protected and can start the healing process with reassurance. Call Napolin Law Firm today at (909) 325-6032 to begin working on building a powerful personal injury claim.
- Riverside Ambulance Worker Arrested for Sexual Assault - July 10, 2023
- 710's Morning Mayhem: Fatal Accident Disrupts Lynwood - June 1, 2023
- Tragic I-5 Collision in Griffith Park Claims One Life - May 9, 2023